Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pillows

Ash, the pillow, nest to the bed itself, the single most important thing you choose to sleep with. The choice can be bewildering these days. My husband and ms 23 Mstr 20 all have a latex pillow. Mstr 20 & ms 23 have an assortment of extras as well, some pretty dodgy in Mstr 20s case. Misses 10 & 7 each have a feather pillow and a variety of cushions. Miss 10 also has a throw rug that coordinates. I have a memory foam pillow. Hubby and I have an extra pillow for show and reading in bed with as well as the ridiculous variety of cushions I take to bed. No longer is it a case of just hopping in. No no my friends, there is the cushion between the knees (skinny legs you see), in front of the tummy (to rest the arm on) and these days 2 long skinny ones for the neck (below the ear) and head (above the ear), only when I lie on the right side. Why you may ask? That's where my surgery was and a bit of bones missing and, my right ear hurts. I resorted to that cos my left side got too sore always sleeping on it. Great, pressure sores.....
We are going on holiday soon, I dread to think how I'll manage to sleep then without all my pillows etc. My husbands second pillow is one of those shaped ones that he got for,,,,,well I really don't know what, Hubbie's too tight to part with it. I've no doubt that we'll have a fight when we move into the retirement village about that bloody pillow.
Anywaaay, I think I need a new pillow soon, it's getting a bit soft. This will take a lot of research and visits to spotlight, pillow talk, snooze etc, but after the holiday of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment