Friday, January 14, 2011

Kids creations

My first memorable experience of this was when my oldest child was 4. We got presented with a display folder with artwork by our cold/ren and an "explanation" of the picture by daycare staff. It was a mothers day gift, see and the theme was for the children to show with art how & why they loved their mums. I was one of the younger mothers using the daycare centre and single at the time, so was a bit self conscious anyway. My daughter's Reasons for loving me:
My mum wets the plants in the garden
My mum looks after Lucky (a friend's dog we minded)
My mum puts on makeup when she goes out(to the pub!!!!)
My mum calls me silly Billy when I fall over(!!!!)

Needless to say the daycare staff had a great laugh over her folder.
PS the staff at that day care centre were great, often going above and beyond. Take note when looking for a daycare centre, if staff turnover and parent turnover is low, stick with them til you have to let go. Good child care is hard to come by. This I can confidently share from 22 years of using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment