Sunday, January 9, 2011

Monopoly

Today I played Monopoly with my 10 & 7 year olds. The here and now Australian version. You don't get paper money anymore, no you get a giant credit card. WTF??? Anywho, the great barrier reef was the cheapest and the Barossa the dearest properties...go figure. Is it the wine made there? At least I got to buy Melbourne, after all I grew up there. Oh, my token was a laptop too. 10 year olds was a mobile, hmmm, is she trying to tell me something?? 7 year olds was, well I don't know what the fuck that weird looking creature was meant to be, kangaroo? teddy? Who knows. After 2 (I think) hours in which 7 year old threw the dice about the room, painstakingly (or painfully) counted out every dot on the die (yes plural) and collected rent off me and the 10 year old she was winning. 10 year old and I got sick of landing in jail and landing on community cheest or chance and NOT ON VACANT property we called it quits. Needless to say 7 year old was upset, so the game is still on the dining table waiting for us to resume it. Hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment