Friday, January 7, 2011

Introduction

First post. All I wanted to do originally was comment on someone else's post and now here we are. I guess I should introduce myself. I'm in my 40s, a married nurse with 4 kids, 2 of them grown up but the younger 2 still at primary school. We live on small acreage in Brisbane and have 2 cats, a dog and 3 fish. The biggest thing to happen to me recently was that last year I got diagnosed with a brain tumor. A meningioma is benign but still a damned nuisance. I had brain surgery (a craniotomy) but due to the fact that they didn't get 20% of it, the struggle goes on. I am currently struggling not to let this define me and am back in my usual roles of wife, mother and nurse but some days it's harder than others. I've always found humor, particularly graveyard humour (common to health workers) helpful. Let's hope I can provide, or maybe receive some. I welcome input.....

No comments:

Post a Comment