Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Online games

Everyone has their favs. Thanks to the internet, there's an increased amount of games too. Time wasters all of them. Hehe.
At the moment I love Angry Birds. It might just be the noises. I sometimes find myself making snorting noises at the end of a failed mission. Either that, or pointlessly kicking my feet about while making animal noises (tantrum).
I am also rather fond of bubble shooter. I've been known to play it for so long that my wrists hurt (combination of laptop and carpal tunnel).
Moving on to the Nintendo ds, I love brain training, especially the one that  has monsters in the jar being killed by nicely lined up, matching antibiotics. I've forgotten what it's called and I'm quite frankly, too lazy to get up, turn the ds on and find out the name of the game. I did use brain training and all of it's variants quite a lot when I was recovering from my surgery. Got the old upstairs computer going again.
Moving along to the Nintendo Wii, I do have (yes, and use) the Wii fit and my long time fav Mario Kart. It's like an old friend.  In fact, I have a favourite character, Yoshi. I have an inch high Yoshi, which I constantly have to hide from miss 7. A rather overenthusiastic young shop assistant gave him to me in Game Traders and I've kept him ever since, cos he is rather cute. We've played Mario Kart since Nintendo 64.  I just seemed to get shittier and shittier as time's gone on. These days I can barely manage to stay on the track. Not feeling the love anymore.  My son (mr soon to be 21) used to love the '64 ...... and to love challenging his rather pathetic mother. With 007 his "man" used to run wildly from room to room, taunting me, with him sitting there giggling madly.
Sadly, my high point was Street fighter on the Super Nintendo. Oh I was so good! Then, of course Jean Claude Van Damne & Kylie Minogue ruined it all and made a movie of it.
Hubby's high point was Duck Hunt on the original Nintendo, or maybe it was Tennis from the Commodore (or whatever it was) in the late 70's.
I was also pretty damn good at Galaga, Star Wars and Pac Man.
Hubby liked Frogger too (giddyup).

1 comment:

  1. That was not meant to be Star Wars, it was meant to be Space Invaders

    ReplyDelete