Thursday, April 19, 2012

Easter holidays

We have passed the Easter period now. For thhe first time Queensland had 2 weeks off for school children, rather than a week and a bit. The girls loved it. Then I told them that meant no more pupil free days. Yessss! I always hated them. Once, still pretty new to Qld, I forced miss 24 and master 21 to get in their uniforms, made their lunches and drove them to school. Despite their protests, off course. Only to be deflated at the empty gate. Since the "damn the pupil free day" has been an oft repeated phrase in our house. See, foolishly I thought schools would be Victoria, which didn't have pupil free days and fortnight long Easter holidays, oh and grade prep.
Qld is now playing "catch up", but has privatized kindy. Go figure.
So where were we? Oh Easter, that's right. Anyway, the only Easter bunny believer I have left is miss 8. I think time is running out there.the kids still like it, but the thrill will have gone for me. At least they will like the Easter egg hunt for a few years. They're also big enough that I don't have to put up with chocolate child anymore.
You know chocolate child..... That hyped up, screaming child that's running around misbehaving after hovering up a vast amount of chocolate in a few small days. I experienced chocolate child (X 2) once only. I learned to trickle out the chocolate very slowly after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment