Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New year

It's my first post of the year and it's already half way through the month!!! My how time flies.
In my defence, I am recuperating from brain surgery, which although not as radical as the first one, is still not for the faint hearted.
My poor girls have not had a very exciting school holidays, being largely trapped at home, since I can't drive and my husband G has had to work and take on extra duties at home that I would normally do. Miss 24, who has moved out, now comes over once a week to help with housework and make a couple of meals and my parents also come over once a week to help out as well.
I have been doing short bursts of housework, cooking etc, but have been more confined to the couch because of an unfortunate discovery of a fluid collection under the skin behind my ear, where my most recent op site is. I have a bony defect there, as in some bone was removed during surgery no 1, and was never replaced, so it is weaker there.
Being a nurse, I immediately assumed the worst (csf leak) and have been to the GP and have had an MRI, which without the report looks fairly like sections of my head and brain, with a bit of fluid sitting behind my right ear. So I can over analyse that for the moment.  Hmmmm. So, even though I feel ok still, I'm resting, which is becoming very frustrating. I'm due to see my GP soon, so she should have the report and I will be seeing the surgeon on Tuesday, so hopefully I don't need anything else done.
I will be glad when the time comes that my (ex) tumour isn't the centre of my existence and I can live my life as normal again. I've got things to do, damnit.....and my garden's starting to look a bit wild too.

No comments:

Post a Comment