Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sheets

Yep, first post of winter(god I've been lazy so far) and it's about sheets.
I finally went out and got a good set of sheets not long ago.
As a young mum, I learned to clamp down on the budget, hard. As a consequence, we had cheap sheet sets from big w, target et al. I once made the mistake of putting a set on my bed without washing them first. I woke up with a red, rashy, itchy face from the crap left on them from the factory. Never did that one again and they went straight into the washing machine. For a long time I viewed my friends and colleagues claims that Egyptian cotton 300 count sheets were the best with skepticism.
Well last month, when I realized that the fitted sheets were, in fact, no longer fitted and the girl's (miss 7 & 10) had pretty sad looking sheets, I decided to go for broke. Enter pillowtalk, or actually, me entering pillowtalk.
I got some quality cotton sheets for the girls and a set of 400 thread count all cotton sheets for us. I am now a convert. I have been thinking lately of getting another set each. My daughter (miss 23) claims to have found an online site for linen that's the bomb. Guess I'll be getting the address off her.
Btw, I love pillow talk. My husband shudders when he sees me with a catalogue in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment